Dayspring launched a new community membership model in 2017. It is a model that seeks to be more inclusive of those who physically live at a distance from the Dayspring Centre in Dianella. It is also a model that requires, in return, for members to be supportive of Dayspring, in its ethos and its work. We hope it will capture your interest, especially if you are looking to belong to a supportive, contemplative community, regardless of where you live.
As a community member (known as “Dayspring Companion”) you will be encouraged to find your own individual rhythm of prayer and contemplative living, which will vary according to the place you live and your particular circumstances. In return, “Dayspring Companions” will support Dayspring through both regular prayer and giving. To be inclusive the regular support is, to use a phrase of Abbott Chapman, “what you can, and not what you can’t.”
Dayspring Companions Membership
Be part of a community of people not bound by geography but by a commitment to develop a personal contemplative practice in everyday life, supportive of the ethos and work of Dayspring.
Dayspring Companions commit to:
- Developing a personal contemplative practice in everyday life
- Supporting the ethos and work of Dayspring
- Praying regularly for Dayspring
- Contributing a nominated amount each month to Dayspring*
Dayspring commits to providing:
- A Dayspring Daily Prayer book*
- A quarterly online newsletter
- Significant discounts for most events*
- Many events free of charge*
- Free use of Dayspring retreat rooms
- Free use of the Dayspring library
- Mail-outs for Out-of-Metro members
- Website page for Dayspring Companions to access
* Dayspring recognises that some people may be committed to developing a personal contemplative practice; support the ethos and work of Dayspring; and pray for Dayspring, yet their individual circumstances may not allow a $40 per month contribution. Dayspring has adopted a ‘give as you can, not as you can’t’ philosophy to take into account different circumstances, so please contact us to discuss. A suggested minimum is $10 each month which will give you the same benefits as Dayspring Members. Dayspring Companions who contribute $40 each month will pay no fee for attending Quiet Days, On the Edge presentations, the Lent, Pentecost and Advent Retreats. In addition each Companion contributing $40 each month will receive a $60 credit towards any event this year.